The blog has been up and running for around eight months now and it’s about time we finally introduced the team behind it. Each person in the Library Research Support team will be writing an introduction in our ‘Meet the team’ series of blog posts. Today we feature…
We are Anna Lawson and Jane Belger, and work as a job-share as the Research and Open Access Librarian with the Research Support Team at UWE Library.
Our role is to provide library-related support to researchers and postgraduate students with their research. This includes, amongst other things:
- advising on open access publishing and all its related policies
- paying article processing charges (APCs) for those who choose to publish via the gold open access route
- running training sessions as part of the Researcher Development Framework
- line managing the UWE Repository team
- helping researchers to manage their data and use the UWE Research Data repository
- arranging events such as researcher-led staff development hours for library staff or last year’s open research series
- introducing new staff and postgraduate students to the library research support
Anna also works once a month, on the first Thursday of the month, at Glenside Library – so do come and say hello! She runs a drop-in session between 10am and 1pm; do ask at the library help desk if you can’t find her.
Outside of work, we both enjoy travelling and a decent glass of wine, are married to statisticians, and have 5 children between us (ranging in ages from 10 months to 26). But we’re really not the same person!
If you’d like to learn more about open access or research support in the library more generally, do get in touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Jane will respond Monday to Wednesday, Anna will respond Wednesday through Friday.