And we don’t mean the plant!
An ORCiD is a unique identifier that allows you to tie all your research together in one place. This allows you to disambiguate, track and share research with one simple URL.
Your unique ORCID iD will belong to you throughout your scholarly career. It is a persistent identifier to:
- distinguish you from other researchers
- ensure consistent, reliable attribution of your work
You can use it for:
- collating existing research in one location. Add it to your author profile on Scopus to ensure you have all your research attributed to you
- submitting to journals
- grant applications
- professional society membership
- linking with other identifiers and profiles
- displaying on your CV
- web page, social media and more
So what are you waiting for? Sign up at on the ORCID website – it takes 30 seconds!